Leadership of International Societies
In addition to providing senior level scientific expertise, I participate in the executive direction and project management of highly regarded international anti-infective scientific organizations:
- International Society of Anti-Infective Pharmacology (ISAP), Secretary since 2004-2012, President-elect 2012-2014, President 2014-2016
- ESCMID PK/PD Study Group (EPASG), Founding President 2010-2014, member of the Executive Committee since 2015
- European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ESCMID): Initiated and organise the Pipeline Corner at ECCMID, member of the ECCMID Programme Committee
- Working group of the International Society of Chemotherapy (ISC)- Antimicrobials of the Future since 2006, currently Chair Person
- Member of the Executive Committee of the International Society for Infectious Diseases
The International Society of Anti-Infective Pharmacology (ISAP) was founded more than 20 years ago. As Secretary I managed ISAP’s scientific activities since 2004. In 2012 I have been elected as President for 2014-2016.
As founding past Chairperson of The ESCMID PK/PD Study Group (EPASG), I am proud of our results in support of PK/PD based research and clinical practice in the optimization of antibiotic use and prevention of resistance. You can find more details on my work with EPASG here and one of the projects New Life for Old Antibiotics.